The Group Internal Audit (GIA) function within Nutreco is primarily responsible for the monitoring of control measures throughout the company. Next to operational and financial audits and reviews, GIA performs IT audits and other specific engagements.
The mission of Internal Audit at Nutreco is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. GIA supports the business to further improve and stimulates continuous improvement throughout the various layers of the organization. The GIA department consists of 16 people spread between business auditors, HSE auditors, IT auditors and central risk management and internal control team.
The Director GIA reports in a dual reporting line to the CEO of Nutreco and the Internal Audit Director of SHV Holdings.
Nutreco GIA is looking for an ambitious senior business auditor who will be part of highly motivated audit team. This is a demanding role for a professional who is able to support GIA’s overall role in a dynamic environment. In the longer run, the role allows for an expansion in activities and responsibilities and potentially a move towards a business position.
- Participate in planning audit and review engagements (in conjunction with other internal auditors, several corporate departments and business units) at operating companies and corporate departments. Planning procedures for engagements generally follow a risk-based approach based on several factors.
- Interviews with process owners and key personnel within operating companies and corporate departments in order to verify the set-up of procedures and practices.
- Apart from involvement in financial / operational audits and reviews, you will also be involved in other engagements such as project implementation pre-live reviews, IT audits / reviews, post-acquisition entrance reviews, soft controls engagements and compliance engagements.
- Write reports (English) including presenting the audit conclusions and recommendations to management and business operations, in order to facilitate improvements to the internal control environment.
- Take responsibility for a correct and systematic recording of audit work performed.
- Development and implementation of adequate auditing techniques throughout the corporation to assure that financial and other policies, procedures and business processes are executed according to the company’s strategy and national and international legislation.
- Advise and assist the business to comply with internal and external standards and legislation.
- Contribute and participate in (corporate) initiatives and projects to support and advice.
- Create added value to the business through innovative recommendations and participating in projects that are related to internal audit. This includes amongst others the use of data analytics, process mining and soft control assessments.
- Develop cost effective and practical solutions in conjunction with management to improve the level of control and reduce risk exposure.
- Coach other team members (where applicable) and grow into a lead role during audit and review engagement.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we highlight the following:
- Brings experience in External / Internal Audit with a recognized sensitivity for balancing business risks with business opportunities.
- Has the proven ability to enable well-balanced and risk-based decision making with high level of business sense and providing pragmatic solutions to our businesses.
- Has the ability to assist Director and Manager Group Internal Audit and management in defining the company’s internal audit strategy and year planning.
- Has the ability to translate risk-related data into meaningful and insightful information for business decision making.
- Has the ability to build effective relationships with a broad range of managers within the divisions and operating companies of the company. Brings the experience, intellect, communicational skills and personal gravitas to be a trusted advisor to stakeholders.
- Preferably a certified professional auditor qualification (CPA, RA, CIA)
- Big 4 external audit background preferably in a multinational environment
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience as an (external or internal) auditor
- Understanding of Audit Management structures and methodologies
- Understanding of IT / data risks and systems
- Good knowledge of auditing standards, accepted techniques and procedures. Besides relevant knowledge and experience, the ideal candidate has a decisive and independent personality
- Organized and sensitive to deadlines
- Genuine and committed team player who can work independently at the same time
- Should be self-driven with strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
- International work experience
- Willing to travel 25-35%
This company is a global leader in animal nutrition and aquafeed. Their advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the company culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for livestock farming and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings this company a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future. The company employs over 11,000 people in 30 countries with net sales of € 6 billion in over 80 countries. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of a Dutch Holding, a family-owned multinational with net sales of €20 billion.